OK – not going to lie – I’m really excited about this!! Spring brings the return of wide leg pants. Specifically, I’m excited about wide leg jeans.
I personally think I look better in wide leg and flare jeans than skinny jeans. By a lot.
Wide Leg True Religion Jeans $242
I love these True Religion jeans (available on Zappos). They’re wider leg with an even wider flare at the bottom. Too bad my budget doesn’t allow me to go shopping right now. New jeans just moved up on my wish list.
Bright, fun bags are great ways to really make your outfit *POP.* Don’t be scared to make a color statement! Right now RueLaLa is having a Carla Mancini sale full of brightly colored totes. Here are some of my favs:
Carla Mancini Hobo: on sale for $229 from $520
I love this blue! This fantastic turquoise hobo retails for $520 but is currently on sale on RueLaLa for $229. I would love to wear this with a bright white summer dress & gold gladiator sandals. Love.
Carla Mancini Clutch: on sale for $129 from $295
This mustard clutch would be a great addition to your spring/summer outfit. I love the studs & fringe at the end: gives it a little bit of a cowgirl feel. 🙂 This clutch retails for $295 but is on sale for RueLaLa for $129.
Carla Mancini Tote: on sale for $279 from $645
Love this! The contrasting brown on white leather gives nice, clean lines to this gorgeous tote. As with the clutch, this bag features cowgirl-esque fringe. This tote retails for $645 but is on sale on RueLaLa for $279.
With all sample sale sites, the sale ends quickly! The Cara Mancini sale is happening on RueLaLa until Monday, March 29 – or when bags run out.
Visit the VIP Shopping page for a link to this & other sample sale sites. Happy shopping!
I’ve highlighted different spring trends (Flower Power & some of my favs at H&M) but wanted to scoop them up & put them all on one place. Since I love the number 13, here are what I’m calling the “Lucky 13:”
- Boyfriend blazer: this is one of the items I’m really happy to see back this year. They’re so versatile – you can wear them out on top of a cute black dress or dress them down with jeans.
- Tiny floral prints: as I’ve recently mentioned, “flower power” is a big trend this year. Everyone from DVF to Forever 21 is highlighting floral prints right now.
- SCARVES: yet another trend I love & never want to go away. This was a trend last summer & it’s still a popular trend. Colorful scarves can really add *POP* to an outfit.
- Cross-body bags: Coach puts it best: “The Bag style of the year. We think it owes its popularity to the fact that shopping requires two free hands.” Love that.
- Gladiator sandals: I found some great ones at 6pm.com. I’m not a fan of the sandals that are TOO strappy – no need to have your feet appear as though they’ve been taken hostage – but just the right amount of straps are cute & definitely in for spring.
- Plaid: still loving this.
- Ruffles: Bluefly recently brought in a slew of Marc Jacobs finds featuring ruffles. Girly & cute.
- Bows a là Alice in Wonderland.
- Denim: denim everythingggg. I don’t know if I’ll be able to wear denim on denim as I’ve been seeing…but when worn right, it’s cute.
- Military-inspired items a là Gilt’s Vogue Shop the Issue Sale
- Stripes: nautical-themed stripes are very big right now. Almost goes in hand with military-inspired clothing (think: stripes: navy, military-inspired clothing: army)
- Clogs: they’re BACK! These, however, are not your grade school clogs. They’re actually CUTE.
- Shirt dresses LOVE THESE. Cannot get enough of them.
Which styles are you looking forward to this season? Or are you just excited you’ll soon be able to go outside without 15 layers? I know I am.
I made these three style sets with Polyvore. Definitely worth checking out.
6pm shipment arrived!
Anyone who knows me knows I have a bit of a shoe fetish. Anyone who works with me can you about my 15+ pairs of shoes under my desk….which are just “work shoes” & have nothing to do with the mounds I have at my apartment. 6pm.com feeds that addiction quite nicely.
6pm.com (same parent company as Zappos.com) has amazing deals. The site features an array of designer brands and boasts prices up to 70% off retail. They have “daily deals” on their homepage every day highlighting some of their best sales. They specialize in shoes, but have bags, sunglasses, apparel & an array of other items.
They (like many savvybrands) are on Twitter & provide their followers with ADDITIONAL deals I often find even more appealing & even better then what I see on their site. The recent tweet that caught my attention? KORS Michael Kors on sale for $24.95. A. Maze. Ing. They had other deals that day, as well, so here’s what I ended up with:
KORS Michael Kors wedges: $24.95 from $185 🙂
Soooo I’m (of course) watching the Golden Globes red carpet. Trends? Favs? Fails??
I was also tweeting while watching the red carpet coverage. I saw Rent the Runway tweeting about renting specific dresses – which is so cool! It seems like an obvious thing forthem to do – I don’t know why it surprised me. Randi being Randi Zuckerberg.
Rent the Runway (I think) was referring to this dress:
This is an Ani Lee dress but not what she wore all night – I’m sure the other dresses she wore were also from RTR. Oddly enough, I went to the RTR site & they didn’t call out which Golden Globes dresses were available on their site. They sent out the tweet & I had to go hunting. You’d think they’d make it easy!
Sandra Bullock looked fabulous in a purple dress. I. Love. Her. And she donated $1 million to Haiti relief. I think I would love her regardless of what she was wearing…but she does look spectacular.
Fergie also looked gorgeous in an elegant, flowing lilac dress – what a gorgeous color! …maybe a purple theme I’m seeing?
More purple: Leona Lewis looking fabulous:
Tina Fey: while I love her, I”m not crazy about the dress – I don’t like the hoop skirt look!
It’s interesting Ryan Seacrest isn’t asking who people are wearing. Why would that be?? Guliana Rancic did a better job of this… I think it’s a safe bet clothing and jewelry designers alike aren’t happy about this.
What do you think? What were some of your favorites of the night?