Super Bowl time again! Sean is making his delicious homemade chili, I’m making desserts, we’ll have chips and salsa, hummus and veggies for, well, me and anyone else who wants to snack and still be healthy, pigs in a blanket and other Super Bowl staples. Go Patriots!
Category Archives: Uncategorized
2011 must be the fastest year I remember. Ever. And it was a good one.
Obviously lots happened in 2011, some good, some bad, but overall I say it was a great year.
That being said, I’m ready for 2012. Resolutions? I don’t have anything new or exciting to add to the list, but am going to stick with what I always try to work on:
- Be healthy. One change this year is I’m saying “be healthy” instead of “lose weight.” I’ve been feeling good lately and want to keep that up vs. drop weight. Loving my gym has a lot to do with this.
- Save money! My rent is less now than it was before we moved, so why am I not saving more? This is a definitely goal for 2012.
- Read more. Sean gave me a Kindle Fire for Christmas and since then I’ve read a book and 1/2 on it – so it seems to be helping my wanting to read more. I also discovered after we moved that living a 2-minute walk from the beach makes it all too convenient to read during the summer. Bonus.
- Travel more. I’ve been traveling a little more for work…I’m going to say that still counts as traveling, even if it isn’t as much site-seeing time. Non-work travel would of course be very nice. 🙂
- More time with friends & family. This is a given, isn’t it?
Here’s to a great 2012. Cheers!
Well, it has been some time, hasn’t it?
2011 was quite a year. We moved, got a new cat (Cheddar!), I got promoted at work, my sister got married, a number of my good friends got engaged, I lost those pounds I was wanting to lose since graduating from college…the list goes on.
I don’t know why I stopped blogging. Time? Motivation? I’m not sure, but I know I would like to start again. I’m seeing some thing I would like to change on here and will work on that while continuing to update.
So hello there, 2012. It’s nice to meet you. I’m back. Who’s with me?
I was inspired by Jenn Phelan‘s recent addition to playlists on her Pilates to to add playlists onto mine.
- Starting Now – Ingrid Michaelson
- Ready to Start – Arcade Fire
- Uncharted – Sara Bareilles
- Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise – Avett Brothers
- Fire it Up – Modest Mouse
- Never Gonna Leave This Bed (Acoustic) – Maroon 5
Some oldies, some newbies – but all goodies.
What are you listening to right now?
I walked through the construction zone that is the finish line for the Boston Marathon on my way to the gym this morning. Very cool!
I have to admit – it can be challenging to get around Boston the weekend preceding (and the day of) the Boston Marathon. Nonetheless, it’s still very cool.
Good luck runners!
Why hello there, March 15, you sure did sneak up on me.
Today is the date I set for myself to reach my goal weight of 119.
In the past few months I’ve felt myself getting stronger. With few exceptions, I went to the gym six times a week; I used to only go five times. I’m big on taking classes, so each gym day had at least one class. Understanding some of the classes burn more calories and are more difficult than others, I added additional cardio/running before some of my classes – mainly my Wednesday yoga class.
I’ve noticed a dramatic increase in the weights I use during my Body Pump and Body Defined classes since starting the classes over the summer/early fall. I can do more push-ups and hold my plank longer. Overall, I’m feeling pretty good.
That being said – I did not make my weight goal. I weighed in at 126 (yay!!) which feels good, but still not exactly where I want to be.
I’m a lot stronger and fit than I was when I was in the one-teens. Definitely a lot stronger. I love that.
I’m going to continue to try to be healthy. With the nicer weather I’ve been able to get out of the office a little bit during the day – even for just a few minutes – to go for a walk. It’s all the little things that help, right?
OK. This challenge/diet/whatever you want to call it isn’t working. It’s just not.
I’ve kept up with the gym and have even added some classes for an extra challenge. I’m following the diet guidelines I’ve laid out for myself but I’m not really losing any weight. I’ve also noticed it isn’t really challenging to stay within those diet guidelines and it feels as though I’m just eating normally – which I shouldn’t be if I want to change, right? Right.
New plan – I’m changing my dieting guidelines. I’m cutting back on calories and really trying to avoid sugar. Had less sugar in my coffee today. Made up for it by adding a little more cinnamon (something I already use in coffee).
I still have time to lose the weight by March 15th. I can do this.
I’m still going to post about how everything is going but I’m not going to do weekly weigh-ins. In all honesty I weigh myself pretty much daily and it fluctuates so much I get annoyed when my Tuesday weight is higher than my Monday and Wednesday weight. That being said, I will post my weight on March 15. Promise.